The Tiny Teacher is a short story written by Gill Vaisey. It is the first chapter of the NCERT English book 2 chapters-1. An Alien Hand. Here, we provide the best solutions for all NCERT Books.
The Tiny Teacher
Class 7 Chapter 1
The Tiny Teacher Important MCQ questions:-
1. Who was the writer of the story “The Tiny Teacher”?
d.None of these
2. Where did ant live?
3. Who is the smallest, commonest, and wisest insect?
4. What does ant use for passing messages?
c. Both a or b
d. None of these
5. What is the color of the common ant?
c. Both a or b
d. None of these
6. Nursery for the young ones called .
7. Where does the ant spend their time?
c. Searching food
8. What is the process to make a complete ant?
a.grubs, eggs, cocoons, ant
b.eggs, grubs, cocoons, ant
c.ant, eggs, grubs, cocoons
d.cocoons, grubs, eggs, ant
9. Who is the mother of the entire population of the colony?
d. Room cleaner
10. What is the maximum age of Queen ant?
a. 5 years old
b. 15 years old
c. 10 years old
d. 20 years old
11. Which other creature lives in Ant Hill?
b. Lesser breeds of ants
d. All of these
12. Who is the ant’s cow?
13. What are the things that we can learn from ants?
a. Hard work
b. Sense of duty and discipline
d. Above all
14. How long does it take for an egg to become a complete ant?
a. 3 weeks
b. 2 weeks
c. 6 weeks
d. 10 weeks
15. How many rooms are in an anthill?
Match the answer to the above MCQ questions.
1-b, 2-c, 3-c, 4-c, 5-c, 6-b, 7-c, 8-b, 9-c, 10-b, 11-d, 12-c, 13-d, 14-c, 15-d
Comprehensive Check 1
1. The story of an ant’s life sounds almost untrue.
The italicized phrase means
(i) highly exaggerated.
(ii) too remarkable to be true.
(iii) not based on facts.
Ans. Highly exaggerated.
2. Complete the following sentences.
(i) An ant is the smallest .
Ans. but the wisest insect.
(ii) We know a number of facts about an ant’s life because .
Ans. we have watched their daily behavior closely.
3. In what ways is an ant’s life peaceful?
Ans. An ant’s life is peaceful because they don’t harm each other.
Comprehension Check 2
1. How long does it take for a grub to become a complete ant?
Ans. It takes 6 weeks. Eggs hatch and grubs come out. Soldiers guard them. Workers feed and clean them, and also carry them about daily for airing, exercise, and sunshine. Two or three weeks later, grubs become cocoons and lie without food Grubs became cocoons and lie without food or activity for three weeks more. After training and exercise the grubs become complete ant.
2. Why do the worker ants carry the grubs about?
Ans. Workers feed and clean the grubs. Workers also carry them about daily for airing, exercise, and sunshine.
3. What jobs are new ants trained for?
Ans. Jobs for new ants are:- worker, soldier, builders, cleaners, etc.
4. Name some other creatures that live in anthills.
Ans. Beetles, greenflies, Lesser breeds of ants are some other creatures who live in an anthill.
5. Mention three things we can learn from the ‘tiny teacher’. Give reasons for choosing these items.
Ans. Hard-working, discipline, cleanliness are three things that we can learn from the ‘tiny teacher’. I choose this because it is very essential for us.
Read More Related Article
Allncert website is very helpful for Primary and High School Students. Here we proved the best solution for your ncert books solutions. We work to promote free education in India. You can follow my other website Jharkhand Pathshala for Higher secondary education notes for Arts students. You can follow us on given social pages: